Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Overview This collection contains 15 photograph albums, as well as single and loose photographs featuring images of African Americans. Images depict families; children; soldiers; and infants in a variety of settings and participating in many activities such as parties and events; holidays such as Christmas and Easter; inside and in front of homes; in front of cars; birthdays; churches; parks; vacations; and others. Also included in this collection are school, graduation, and military portraits; and some...
Dates: circa 1920s-1990s
Overview This scrapbook contains mostly black-and-white photographs featuring images of African American servicemen of the 4th Armored Division in Germany participating in various recreational activities, as well as images taken during military training.
Overview One album entitled "A Trip to Catalina" featuring photographs taken on Catalina Island. Includes images of the harbor, steamboats, Long Point, camp Los Rios, cottages, and Avalon.
Overview This collection includes ledgers, business and financial papers, correspondence, photographs, maps, prints, newspaper clippings and other materials related to the incorporation, operations, and liquidation of the Del Amo Estate Company. There are also some personal papers of the company’s founder, Gregorio del Amo. The collection shows aspects of land use and development in Southern California, and is particularly interesting in detailing the construction and development of the Del Amo Shopping...
Dates: 1908-1978; Majority of material found within 1926-1964
Overview This collection contains one scrapbook as well as approximately 370 photographs and postcards; nine contracts; one American Guild of Variety Artists membership application; one broadside; and other documents regarding Margarita Mendez Diaz- a Mexican American performer who was known for her dancing and burlesque shows. The scrapbook includes press clippings, advertisements, and press briefs associated with Diaz's performances in Mexico, Alaska, California, Spain, and France. Also included in...
Dates: 1929-1977; undated ; Majority of material found within 1945-1955
Overview This collection documents the COVID-19 pandemic as experienced by California State University, Dominguez Hills and Southern Los Angeles County community members. This collection includes student diaries, essays, letters, blogs, digital photographs, videos, local periodicals, and artworks. All materials in this collection are born-digital items, except for two boxes of Daily Breeze newspaper articles which are restricted to on-site use only. Material in this...
Dates: circa February 2020-December 2020
Scope and Contents This collection contains approximately 500 4x5 and 2x3 negatives taken for the Dominguez Water Company in the early 1950s. The images document the construction of water infrastructure in eastern Torrance, the unincorporated area that is now Carson, North Long Beach, and Compton. There are also projects relating to the laying of pipe in new housing developments.Other images includes the Water Company’s plant, staff events (sponsored baseball team and Christmas party) machinery, pipes, pipe...
Scope and Contents This collection contains letters to Mrs. Sait Furman, San Jose, California, from various female relatives including Jennie Mullen of Kneeland, CA and A. MacKay. Letters document family life, domestic concerns, family members, livestock, and daily routine. Family photographs include snapshots, tintypes, two cabinet cards, and carte de visite images.
Overview This collection contains eight black-and-white press photographs taken of Malcolm X at various events, as well as images taken of him at the [L.A.] courthouse, in front of his home after it was firebombed, and an image of him taken on a stretcher after he was assassinated.
Dates: March 20, 1962-February 21, 1965
Collection — Box: 1, Folder: 1
Overview This collection contains one photograph album with approximately 91 black-and-white photographs taken in Mexico. Images in this collection feature views of mountains; the countryside; rivers; trains; villages; mines; homes and gardens; churches; street scenes; horse-drawn carriages; and others. Locations featured in this album include: Felipe, Hondo, Durango, Guadalajara, and others.
Dates: circa early 1900's
- Subject: Photographs X
- Amo, Gregorio del, 1858-1941 2
- California State University, Dominguez Hills 2
- Chanslor-Western Oil and Development Company 2
- Dominguez Water Corporation 2
- O’Melveny & Myers 2
- Shell Oil Company 2
- Standard Oil Company of California 2
- Union Oil Company of California 2
- Associated Oil Company 1
- Beverly-Arnaz Land Company 1
- Bowie, Albert L. 1
- Busby, Jim 1
- Cabrero, Eugenio 1
- California State University and Colleges 1
- Carson Estate Company 1
- Carson, George Henry 1
- Carson, Maria Victoria Dominguez 1
- Claretian Missionaries 1
- Cohn, Kaspare, 1839-1916 1
- Cotton, Hamilton H. 1
- Daughters of Improved, Benevolent, Protective Order of Elks of the World 1
- Del Amo Estate Company 1
- Del Amo Foundation 1
- Del Amo Nurseries 1
- Del Amo, Susana Delfina Dominguez 1
- Del Amo, Jaime 1
- Diaz, Margarita Mendez, 1908-1985 1
- Dominguez Estate Company 1
- Dominguez, Guadalupe Marcelina 1
- Dominguez, Manuel 1
- Dominguez-Wilshire Corporation 1
- Francis Land Company 1
- Francis, Maria Jesus de los Reyes Dominguez de 1
- Guyer, Ana Josefa Dominguez de 1
- Jarrett Estate Company 1
- Kaspare Cohn Commercial & Savings Bank 1
- Marland Oil Company 1
- McCown, Ethel Maude Pontz, 1884-1947 1
- Osborne, James 1
- O’Melveny, Henry John 1
- Patterson, Evelyn G. 1
- Pickering family 1
- Pickering, Maylin Joseph, 1880-1954 1
- Pickering, Nelle Audrey Pontz, 1880-1975 1
- Ramona Properties 1
- Reyes-Dominguez Company 1
- Richfield Oil Corporation 1
- San Pedro Ranch Nursery 1
- Tomlinson, Jessie Louise, 1860-1934 1
- Union Bank & Trust Company of Los Angeles 1
- United States. Army. Air Service 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 4th 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps. Aviation Section 1
- Valencia Spanish Tile Corporation 1
- Varner, Josephine 1
- Victory Oil Company 1
- Walter H. Leimert Co. 1
- Washington, Mary Lou 1
- Watson Land Company 1
- Watson, Maria Dolores Dominguez de 1
- Welton Becket and Associates 1
- Westmoreland, Wade 1
- Wilshire-New Hampshire Corporation 1
- X, Malcolm, 1925-1965 1 ∧ less