Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Overview The American Leftist Organization and Labor Unions Stamps and Ephemera Collection contains stamps, stickers, labels, cards, and other ephemera produced by socialist and communist organizations and labor unions in the United States, 1890-1940. The bulk of the materials in this collection are stamps from fundraising, boycott, and strike actions. Highlights include stamps and campaign cards from the International Workers of the World, "Save the Scottsboro Boys" fundraising stamps from the...
Dates: 1890-1940; undated
Overview The Leo Gallagher Campaigns - Weatherwax Collection contains press releases, pamphlets, legal filings, campaign literature, lists of expenditures and receipts, internal campaign committee literature, endorsements, correspondence, and other papers about the 1933 and 1934 judicial campigns of Leo Gallagher from the personal collection of his campaign manager, John Weatherwax. This collection is now part of the
Dates: 1933-1934, undated
Overview The Kate Crane Gartz Collection contains a wide array of personal papers including correspondence, poems, clippings, activism ephemera, drafts and information related to her published travel diary "Around the World with Kate Crane Gartz," and photographs. The materials were collected by her friend and colleague, John Weatherwax. This collection is now part of the
Overview Various issues of political newsletter, "I.F. Stone's Weekly", Vol. 2-19.
Abstract This collection includes the personal and professional papers of Berta Green Langston, an active member of the Socialist Workers Party and Socialist Action who was involved in various protest movements during the 20th century. It includes newsletters, newspaper articles, miscellaneous writings, and correspondence with James Baldwin, Robert F. Williams, Albert Perry, Dave Dellinger, William Worthy, Pete Seeger, and Noam Chomsky, among others.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1958-2005
Overview The collections contains reports, study materials, and publications regarding Line of March, a trend within the Marxist-Leninist anti-revisionist rectification movement that was centered around the Line of March journal.
Dates: 1977-1987, undated
Overview This collection consists of approximately 115 alternative newspaper and journal titles whose primary focus is from an ethnic, leftist, socialist, or communist perspective. A large number of the collection consists of issues of The Guardian, though it also includes publications such as: Barb/Berkeley Tribe, The Black Panther, The Call, Chinese Literature, Ramparts, and many other titles. This collection also consists of other publications, leaflets, flyers, clippings, and articles relating to...
Dates: 1949-1994; undated; Majority of material found within 1969-1992
Overview The collection comprises bulletins, convention and forum constitutions, programs, and leaflets, correspondence, reports, flyers, and subject files relating to the Socialist Workers Party (SWP), which was founded in 1928 by James P. Cannon.
Dates: 1934-2003, undated; Majority of material found within 1940-1994, undated
Overview This collection contains bulletins, pamphlets, articles, and one conference transcript that reflect the theoretical sentiments and organizational activities of the Spartacist League of the U.S. The League was officially formed in 1966 by expelled members of the Revolutionary Tendency within the Socialist Workers Party. It is the United States section of the International Communist League (Fourth International).
Overview This collection contains material collected and written by John M. Weatherwax such as correspondence, manuscripts, essays, film treatments, research notes, pamphlets, leaflets, flyers, programs, mailers, and other documents. Material authored by Weatherwax includes drafts of manuscripts, essays, novellas, articles, radio transcripts, and film treatments; as well as notes, revisions, and related research material. Collected material is from organizations such as American Committee for Protection...
Dates: 1913-1981; undated; Majority of material found within 1930-1960
- Subject: Communism -- United States X
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 6
- Holt Labor Library at CSU Dominguez Hills 4
- Weatherwax, John M. (John Martin), 1900-1984 3
- Crane-Gartz, Kate 2
- Gallagher, Leo 2
- American Committee for Protection of Foreign Born 1
- Black Panther Party 1
- California State University, Dominguez Hills 1
- Carter, Jimmy , 1924- 1
- Cleaver, Eldridge, 1935-1998 1
- Communist Party of the United States of America 1
- Davis, Angela Y. (Angela Yvonne ), 1944- 1
- Fourth International 1
- Industrial Workers of the World 1
- International Labor Defense 1
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941- 1
- John Henry and Mary Louisa Dunn Foundation 1
- Langston, Berta Green, 1926-2010 1
- Line of March (1980-1989) 1
- Los Angeles Committee for Protection of Foreign Born 1
- Los Angeles Committee to Secure Justice in the Rosenberg Case 1
- Mao, Zedong, 1893-1976 1
- National Committee to Secure Justice in the Rosenberg Case 1
- National Federation for Constitutional Liberties 1
- Newton, Huey P. 1
- Reagan, Ronald 1
- Rosenberg, Ethel, 1915-1953 1
- Rosenberg, Julius, 1918-1953 1
- Seale, Bobby, 1936- 1
- Sinclair, Upton, 1878-1968 1
- Socialist Workers Party 1
- Spartacist League of the U.S. 1
- Stone, I. F. (Isidor Feinstein), 1907-1989 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.) 1
- United States. Internal Security Act of 1950 1
- Weather Underground Organization 1
- Weatherwax, Clara , 1905-1958 1
- Williams, Robert F. (Robert Franklin), 1925-1996 1
- Wood, Charles Erskine Scott 1
- Zweig, Martha 1 ∧ less