Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract Unedited audio recordings of the Board of Trustees and the Board of Trustees Committees of The California State University from 1963 to 1973 and 1975 to 1978.
Dates: 1963-1973; 1975-1978
Overview This collection includes materials related to the creation of California State College (later University), Dominguez Hills. Reports, correspondence, legislative bills, studies, maps, photographs, and news clippings document the state of California’s decision to build a college in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, the search for a site, and the development of facility and academic master plans. There are also papers, correspondence, and news clippings related to the college gathered by...
Found in: University Archives
Overview Chancellor's Office Collection consists of the administrative records of the Chancellor's of the California State University System. The Chancellor is the administrative head of the system reporting to the Board of Trustees. This collections consists of the records mostly of Chancellor Glenn Dumke (1962-1982) but also the records of Chancellor Buell Gallagher (1961-1962), Ann Reynolds (1982-1989), acting Chancellor Ellis McCune (1990-1991, Barry Munitz (1991-1998), and Charles Reed...
Dates: 1954 - [ongoing]
Overview The Glenn S. Dumke Papers contain articles, correspondence, photographs, art work, journals, books, newspaper clippings, microfiche, and artifacts. The collection includes extensive correspondence files from 1957-1989. Selected executive correspondence exists on microfiche for the years 1962-1982. The majority of the content in this collection is written or typed correspondence (including personal letters), speeches, and reports. Copies of virtually every major speech Dumke gave from 1957-1989...
Dates: 1880s-2009, undated
Overview Collection includes a variety of CSU offices and commissions relating to extended or continuing education programs in the CSU. Offices or commissions include: Advisory Committee on Continuing Education (1968-1977); Commission on External Degree Program (1969-1977); Continuing Education Department (1963-1983); Extended Education Department (1980-1989); Advisory Committee of the Consortium (1973-1977); Consortium (1972-1988); and Center for Innovation Programs (1988-1992).
Overview The personal and academic papers of Donald R. Gerth consist of materials documenting the history of higher education in California and elsewhere in the last half of the 20th century and Gerth’s academic career at the University of Chicago, the Philippines, San Francisco State, the CSU Chancellors’ Office, Chico State, CSU Dominguez Hills, CSU Sacramento and the International Association of University Presidents. Included are a wide-ranging correspondence file, extensive CSU Committee work...
Overview Transcripts and cassette tapes of oral history interviews with various individuals involved in the formation of the California State University system.
- Names: Dumke, Glenn S. X
- California State University Archives 6
- University Archives 1
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 1
- Education, Higher 4
- Affirmative action programs -- California 2
- Education, Higher -- California 2
- Higher education and state -- California 2
- Library administration 2
- School enrollment 2
- Universities and colleges -- California 2
- Admission 1
- California State University and Colleges -- History 1
- California State University, Dominguez Hills -- Buildings 1
- California State University, Dominguez Hills -- History 1
- California State University--Board of Trustees 1
- Campus planning -- California 1
- College administrators 1
- College buildings -- California 1
- College facilities -- Planning -- California -- Dominguez Hills 1
- College presidents 1
- College trustees 1
- College trustees -- California 1
- Continuing education -- California 1
- Dominguez Hills (Calif.) 1
- Education 1
- Educational law and legislation -- California 1
- Fort MacArthur (Calif.) 1
- Heilbron, Louis H. 1
- Lynwood (Calif.) 1
- Master Plan for Higher Education 1
- Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.) 1
- Playa del Rey (Calif.) 1
- Postsecondary education -- California 1
- Public universities and colleges -- California 1
- Rancho San Pedro (Calif.) 1
- Rolling Hills (Calif.) 1
- State universities and colleges -- California 1
- State universities and colleges -- California -- History 1
- Statistics -- Education 1
- Student movements 1
- Student movements -- California -- Berkeley -- 1960-1970 1
- Student protest 1
- Torrance (Calif.) 1
- University administrators 1 ∧ less