Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Overview The Rod Holt subject file collection, 1959-1997, bulk 1987-1998, contains files on various political and scientific subjects that were created and maintained by Rod Holt, who was Apple employee #5 as well as a socialist, political activist, and the founder of the Holt Labor Library in San Francisco, California. It contains newspaper clippings and photocopies, correspondence, notes, flyers, leaflets, notices, one audiocassette, one floppy disk, and other materials.
Dates: 1959-1997, undated; 1987-1997, undated
Overview The collection contains pamphlets and bulletins published by the International Bolshevik Tendency (IBT), a Trotskyist organization.
Dates: 1982-2003, undated
Overview The collection contains bulletins and reports by International Socialists, a third camp Trotskyist organization in the United States.
Overview The collection comprises issues of the internal bulletin of the Johnson-Forest Tendency, a Marxist-Humanist tendency within the Workers Party and the Socialist Workers Party (SWP) led by C.L.R. James, Raya Dunayevskaya, and Grace Lee Boggs.
Dates: 1947, July 17-31; August 7, , 21; September 4, 11, 18, 25, 29
Overview The collection contains correspondence, reports, draft resolutions, bulletins, minutes, plenum and convention documents, and subject files related to Socialist Action, a Trotskyist political organization.
Dates: 1963-2001, undated; Majority of material found within 1983-2001
Overview The collection contains minutes, discussion bulletins, agendas, notes, audiocassettes, subject files, a draft resolution, and one commercial lease document that reflect the founding and administration of the Socialist Workers Organization (SWO) from 2001-2004. The SWO is a Trotskyist political organization that was founded by expelled members of Socialist Action in 1999.
Dates: 1985, 2001-2004, undated; Majority of material found within 2001-2004
Overview The collection comprises bulletins, convention and forum constitutions, programs, and leaflets, correspondence, reports, flyers, and subject files relating to the Socialist Workers Party (SWP), which was founded in 1928 by James P. Cannon.
Dates: 1934-2003, undated; Majority of material found within 1940-1994, undated
Overview This collection contains bulletins, pamphlets, articles, and one conference transcript that reflect the theoretical sentiments and organizational activities of the Spartacist League of the U.S. The League was officially formed in 1966 by expelled members of the Revolutionary Tendency within the Socialist Workers Party. It is the United States section of the International Communist League (Fourth International).
Overview The collection contains the papers of Meryl and Manny Sunshine, socialist activists who were members of the Freedom Socialist Party, Radical Women, the Committee for a Revolutionary Socialist Party, the Peace and Freedom Party, and other organizations. It includes subject files, convention and conference materials, leaflets, photographs, bulletins, reports, memoranda, press releases, minutes, publications, election materials, and draft proposals.
Dates: 1950-2002; Majority of material found within ca. 1980-1995
Overview This collection contains material collected and written by John M. Weatherwax such as correspondence, manuscripts, essays, film treatments, research notes, pamphlets, leaflets, flyers, programs, mailers, and other documents. Material authored by Weatherwax includes drafts of manuscripts, essays, novellas, articles, radio transcripts, and film treatments; as well as notes, revisions, and related research material. Collected material is from organizations such as American Committee for Protection...
Dates: 1913-1981; undated; Majority of material found within 1930-1960
- Subject: Trotskyism -- United States X
- Holt Labor Library at CSU Dominguez Hills 9
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 1
- American Committee for Protection of Foreign Born 1
- Committee for a Revolutionary Socialist Party 1
- Crane-Gartz, Kate 1
- Fourth International 1
- Freedom Socialist Party (U.S.) (1966-) 1
- Gallagher, Leo 1
- Holt, Frederick Rodney 1
- International Bolshevik Tendency (Organization) 1
- International Socialists (U.S.) (1969-1986) 1
- John Henry and Mary Louisa Dunn Foundation 1
- Johnson-Forest Tendency (1940-1950) 1
- Los Angeles Committee for Protection of Foreign Born 1
- Los Angeles Committee to Secure Justice in the Rosenberg Case 1
- Manuel Sunshine 1
- Meryl Sunshine, 1931-2010 1
- National Committee to Secure Justice in the Rosenberg Case 1
- National Federation for Constitutional Liberties 1
- Peace and Freedom Party (Calif.) (1967-) 1
- Rosenberg, Ethel, 1915-1953 1
- Rosenberg, Julius, 1918-1953 1
- Socialist Action. (Organization : U.S.) 1
- Socialist Workers Organization 1
- Socialist Workers Party 1
- Spartacist League of the U.S. 1
- United States. Internal Security Act of 1950 1
- Weatherwax, John M. (John Martin), 1900-1984 1
- Weatherwax, Clara , 1905-1958 1 ∧ less