Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Overview This collection comprises papers related to the long political career of Glenn M. Anderson, who served in California as mayor of the city of Hawthorne, as State Assemblyman, and as Lieutenant Governor, then represented the state in the House of Representatives. The wide-ranging collection contains legislation, reports, correspondence, scrapbooks, newsletters, audio-visual material, and other items recording Anderson’s deep involvement in the political issues facing California and the United...
Dates: 1870s-2000; Majority of material found in 1940-1994
Overview This collection comprises the papers of Nelson Blackstock, a former Civil Rights activist who as involved with the Southern Student Organizing Committee (SSOC), the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), and various other student-led political organizations in Atlanta, Georgia during the 1960s Civil Rights Movement. He was also a journalist and editor who was at one time a managing editor of The Militant. The collection includes newspaper clippings,...
Dates: 1963-2006, undated
Overview Chancellor's Office Collection consists of the administrative records of the Chancellor's of the California State University System. The Chancellor is the administrative head of the system reporting to the Board of Trustees. This collections consists of the records mostly of Chancellor Glenn Dumke (1962-1982) but also the records of Chancellor Buell Gallagher (1961-1962), Ann Reynolds (1982-1989), acting Chancellor Ellis McCune (1990-1991, Barry Munitz (1991-1998), and Charles Reed...
Dates: 1954 - [ongoing]
Abstract This collection contains the personal and professional papers of Marjorie and Paul Colvin, members of the Socialist Workers Party and political activists who protested against the Vietnam war and other U.S. interventions during the 1960's and 1970's. It includes meeting notes, flyers, correspondence, and newspaper clippings related to the various organizations and movements they were involved with.
Overview The Dorman L. Commons (1918-1987) Collection documents the activities of the California State Board of Education from 1962 through 1970. As a member of the California State Board of Education, Commons’ collection includes materials on California schools K-16, State Board of Education, Max Rafferty as Superintendent of Public Instruction, serving two terms during Commons’ time on the Board of Education, and the election campaign of Wilson Riles, the first African American elected to statewide...
Overview The collection contains papers and materials compiled and created by Christopher F. Cornford, a British artist, writer, and activist who taught at the Royal College of Art in London, where he was head of the Department of Humanities from 1962-1979, and the University of the Third Age in Cambridge. It contains student-published newspapers and newsletters, academic senate resolutions, newspaper clippings, magazine articles, pamphlets, strike documents, statements, leaflets, press releases, notes,...
Dates: 1968-1978, undated
Overview The Glenn S. Dumke Papers contain articles, correspondence, photographs, art work, journals, books, newspaper clippings, microfiche, and artifacts. The collection includes extensive correspondence files from 1957-1989. Selected executive correspondence exists on microfiche for the years 1962-1982. The majority of the content in this collection is written or typed correspondence (including personal letters), speeches, and reports. Copies of virtually every major speech Dumke gave from 1957-1989...
Dates: 1880s-2009, undated
Overview CSU Office of Government Affairs records (1960-1991—mostly 1960s, 6 ft) deal with the State College and University systems interactions with the California State Legislature regarding legislation, college sites and controversial issues. Subjects include college sites, campus unrest, buildings and grounds, student admission, year-round operations and many other issues. Includes correspondence of chancellors, legislatures and governors including Ronald Reagan.
Dates: 1960-1991; Majority of material found within 1960-1969
Overview Papers of Theodore Miriam, member of the CSU Board of Trustees, Chairman of the State College Council of California (1951-1953) and Chairman of Chico State College Advisory board (1950-1960).
Overview This collection consists of approximately 115 alternative newspaper and journal titles whose primary focus is from an ethnic, leftist, socialist, or communist perspective. A large number of the collection consists of issues of The Guardian, though it also includes publications such as: Barb/Berkeley Tribe, The Black Panther, The Call, Chinese Literature, Ramparts, and many other titles. This collection also consists of other publications, leaflets, flyers, clippings, and articles relating to...
Dates: 1949-1994; undated; Majority of material found within 1969-1992
- Subject: Student movements X
- California State University Archives 5
- Holt Labor Library at CSU Dominguez Hills 3
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 2
- California State University 4
- Reagan, Ronald 4
- California State University. Office of the Chancellor 3
- California State University, Dominguez Hills 2
- Carter, Jimmy , 1924- 2
- Dumke, Glenn S. 2
- Gallagher, Buell G. (Buell Gordon), 1904- 2
- Anderson, Glenn M. 1
- Black Panther Party 1
- Blackstock, Nelson, 1944- 1
- Brown, Edmund G. (Edmund Gerald), 1905-1996 1
- California Community Colleges 1
- California State University . Government Affairs Office 1
- California State University and Colleges 1
- California State University, Chico 1
- California. Legislature. Assembly 1
- California. Governor 1
- California. Governor’s Commission on the Los Angeles Riots 1
- California. Legislature. Senate. Fact-Finding Committee on Un-American Activities in California 1
- California. National Guard 1
- California. State Board of Education 1
- California. Superintendent of Public Instruction 1
- Christopher F. Cornford, 1917-1993 1
- Cleaver, Eldridge, 1935-1998 1
- Colvin, Paul 1
- Commons, Dorman L. 1
- Communist Party of the United States of America 1
- Cranston, Alan , 1914-2000 1
- Davis, Angela Y. (Angela Yvonne ), 1944- 1
- Democratic Party (Calif.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941- 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Mao, Zedong, 1893-1976 1
- Military Prison at Alcatraz Island, California 1
- Newton, Huey P. 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1944 1
- Seale, Bobby, 1936- 1
- Stevenson, Adlai E. (Adlai Ewing ), 1835-1914 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.) 1
- Tenney, Jack B. (Jack Breckinridge ), 1898-1970 1
- United States Penitentiary, Alcatraz Island, California 1
- United States. Marine Mammal Commission 1
- United States. Congress . House. Committee on Public Works and Transportation 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on merchant Marine and Fisheries 1
- University of California (System) 1
- Weather Underground Organization 1
- Zweig, Martha 1 ∧ less