Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
Overview This collection consists of 400 books, 12 linear feet of archival items and resource material about Upton Sinclair collected by bibliographer John Ahouse, author of Upton Sinclair, A Descriptive Annotated Bibliography. Included are Upton Sinclair books, pamphlets, newspaper articles, publications, circular letters, manuscripts, and a few personal letters. Also included are a wide variety of subject files, scholarly or popular articles about Sinclair, videos,...
Overview The American Leftist Organization and Labor Unions Stamps and Ephemera Collection contains stamps, stickers, labels, cards, and other ephemera produced by socialist and communist organizations and labor unions in the United States, 1890-1940. The bulk of the materials in this collection are stamps from fundraising, boycott, and strike actions. Highlights include stamps and campaign cards from the International Workers of the World, "Save the Scottsboro Boys" fundraising stamps from the...
Dates: 1890-1940; undated
Overview Vol.1, No. 1-12 of "The American Socialist", 1954.
Dates: January-December 1954
Abstract This collection includes the personal and professional papers of Thomas F. Barton, an anti-war activist and socialist who organized soldiers against the Vietnam and Iraq wars. It includes newsletters, articles, correspondence, meeting minutes and agendas that document Barton’s involvement with various anti-war and socialist organizations, and the distribution, founding, and publishing of various anti-war newsletters.
Dates: 1964-2015; Majority of material found within 2003-2005
Abstract This collection contains the personal and professional papers of Marjorie and Paul Colvin, members of the Socialist Workers Party and political activists who protested against the Vietnam war and other U.S. interventions during the 1960's and 1970's. It includes meeting notes, flyers, correspondence, and newspaper clippings related to the various organizations and movements they were involved with.
Overview This collection reflects the activities and political sentiments of the Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee, which began in 1973 and merged with the New American Movement in 1982 to form the Democratic Socialists of America. It comprises periodicals, pamphlets, and one Convention Journal from the Committee's Fifth National Convention, in addition to pamphlets published by the Democratic Socialists of America.
Dates: 1977-1994, undated
Overview This collection contains discussion and information bulletins and various education materials that reflect the political sentiments and educational activities of the Democratic Socialist Party (DSP). The DSP began as the Socialist Workers Party of Australia in 1972, changed its name to the Democratic Socialist Party in the 1990s and then to the Democratic Socialist Perspective in 2001, and merged with the Socialist Alliance in 2010.
Dates: 1995-2002, undated
Abstract This collection comprises the papers of Jim Hamilton, an active member of the Teamsters for a Democratic Union (TDU), Local 688 in St. Louis, Missouri, who held various administrative roles in the union and advocated for rank-and-file reform. It includes correspondence, convention reports and publications, flyers, newsletters, meeting notes, constitution proposals, newspaper articles, contracts, and color photographs.
Overview The collection comprises the papers of Asher Harer, a member of the Socialist Workers Party and Socialist Action, as well as a trade unionist and anti-Vietnam War activist. It includes correspondence, photographs, reports, resolutions, minutes, notes, study guides, flyers, newsletters, leaflets, newspapers and newspaper clippings, and scrapbooks.
Dates: , 1932-2000, undated
Overview The Rod Holt subject file collection, 1959-1997, bulk 1987-1998, contains files on various political and scientific subjects that were created and maintained by Rod Holt, who was Apple employee #5 as well as a socialist, political activist, and the founder of the Holt Labor Library in San Francisco, California. It contains newspaper clippings and photocopies, correspondence, notes, flyers, leaflets, notices, one audiocassette, one floppy disk, and other materials.
Dates: 1959-1997, undated; 1987-1997, undated
- Subject: Socialism X
- Holt Labor Library at CSU Dominguez Hills 17
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 4
- Socialist Workers Party 4
- Fourth International 3
- Socialist Action. (Organization : U.S.) 3
- Ahouse, John B. 1
- American Committee for Protection of Foreign Born 1
- American Socialist Publications 1
- Barton, Thomas F. 1
- Colvin, Paul 1
- Committee for a Revolutionary Socialist Party 1
- Crane-Gartz, Kate 1
- Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee 1
- Democratic Socialist Party (Australia) 1
- Democratic Socialist Perspective (2003-2010) 1
- Freedom Socialist Party (U.S.) (1966-) 1
- Gallagher, Leo 1
- Hamilton, James 1
- Harer, Asher, 1912-2004 1
- Holt, Frederick Rodney 1
- Industrial Workers of the World 1
- International Labor Defense 1
- John Henry and Mary Louisa Dunn Foundation 1
- Langston, Berta Green, 1926-2010 1
- Los Angeles Committee for Protection of Foreign Born 1
- Los Angeles Committee to Secure Justice in the Rosenberg Case 1
- Manuel Sunshine 1
- Meryl Sunshine, 1931-2010 1
- National Committee to Secure Justice in the Rosenberg Case 1
- National Federation for Constitutional Liberties 1
- New American Movement (Organization) 1
- Peace and Freedom Party (Calif.) (1967-) 1
- Revolutionary Marxist Committee (ca. 1975-1977) 1
- Rosenberg, Ethel, 1915-1953 1
- Rosenberg, Julius, 1918-1953 1
- Sinclair, Mary Craig 1
- Sinclair, Upton, 1878-1968 1
- Solidarity (Organization : U.S.) (1986-) 1
- Spartacist League of the U.S. 1
- United States. Internal Security Act of 1950 1
- Weatherwax, John M. (John Martin), 1900-1984 1
- Weatherwax, Clara , 1905-1958 1
- Weinstein, Nat, 1924-2014 1
- Weinstein, Sylvia, 1926-2001 1
- Williams, Robert F. (Robert Franklin), 1925-1996 1 ∧ less