Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview This collection comprises papers related to the long political career of Glenn M. Anderson, who served in California as mayor of the city of Hawthorne, as State Assemblyman, and as Lieutenant Governor, then represented the state in the House of Representatives. The wide-ranging collection contains legislation, reports, correspondence, scrapbooks, newsletters, audio-visual material, and other items recording Anderson’s deep involvement in the political issues facing California and the United...
Dates: 1870s-2000; Majority of material found in 1940-1994
Overview This collection contains materials related to Charles “Carl” H. Eilers (1875-1948) and his family. The Eilers owned and farmed Rancho San Pedro Lands between Dominguez, Alameda, Del Amo, and Santa Fe streets in what was to become Carson, CA from 1889 to 1958. Included in the collection are deeds and title papers, tax reports, receipts, statements, court papers and legal documents, ledgers, correspondence, photographs, newspaper articles, and books. Bulk of material in English, with some...
Dates: 1872-2009; Majority of material found within Bulk 1889-1958
Overview The focus of the Henry Fukuhara Collection is the art, life, and work of watercolor artist Henry Fukuhara. It includes photographs and notes from various workshops called "paint-outs," held at former Japanese American concentration camps. The collection also includes photographs from exhibits, hand painted correspondence, flyers, gallery information, books, magazines, news clippings, and DVD's.
Overview This collection consists of photographs used by Dr. Judson Grenier of California State Dominguez Hills for educational and research purposes. Photographs of paintings, dioramas, landscapes, and people depict the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area from its foundation through the 1980s.
Overview The collection includes of brochures, flyers, newsletters, directories, reports, papers, newspapers, and newsclippings related to the communities of Carson, Davidson City, Gardena, Hawthorne, Lakewood, Lawndale, Lomita, Long Beach, Lynwood, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, San Pedro, Terminal Island, Torrance, Wilmington, and Los Angeles. Subjects include historic preservation, municipal records, tourism, commerce, and transportation.
Overview The collection consists of color and black and white photographs, negatives, postcard-backed photos, and tin-types. Subjects of the photographs include people, businesses, churches, houses, schools, farming, transportation, and natural disasters. Communities covered in this collection include Compton, Torrance, Carson, Dominguez, Redondo Beach, Lynwood, Lakewood, San Pedro, Wilmington, Los Angeles, Terminal Island, and the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Material from the collection is available online...
Dates: circa 1880-1967
Overview This collection contains 328 black-and-white photographs and photo postcards in two photograph albums. Images were taken during various construction projects in Southern California. The first album is comprised of images taken mostly at various bridge construction projects such as: Brand Ave Bridge, Glendale, CA.; Glen Oakes Bridge; Walnut Grove Bridge; Del Amo Bridge; Overland Bridge, Culver City, CA.; and others. Other images include construction of the arch for the Grauman's Million Dollar...
Dates: 1917-1938; undated
- Subject: San Pedro (Los Angeles, Calif.) X
- California State University, Dominguez Hills 3
- Allison, Alexander 1
- Anderson, Glenn M. 1
- Brown, Edmund G. (Edmund Gerald), 1905-1996 1
- California Community Colleges 1
- California State University and Colleges 1
- California. Legislature. Assembly 1
- California. Governor 1
- California. Governor’s Commission on the Los Angeles Riots 1
- California. Legislature. Senate. Fact-Finding Committee on Un-American Activities in California 1
- California. National Guard 1
- Carter, Jimmy , 1924- 1
- Cranston, Alan , 1914-2000 1
- Del Amo Estate Company 1
- Democratic Party (Calif.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Dominguez Estate Company 1
- Eilers, Charles H. , 1875-1948 1
- Fukuhara, Henry 1
- Gillingham, Robert C. (Robert Cameron), 1896- 1
- Grenier, Judson 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Long Beach (Calif.). Department of Engineering 1
- Long Beach (Calif.). Water Department 1
- Los Angeles Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company 1
- Military Prison at Alcatraz Island, California 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1944 1
- Poulson, Norris, 1895-1982 1
- Reagan, Ronald 1
- Schrader, Martha 1
- Stevenson, Adlai E. (Adlai Ewing ), 1835-1914 1
- Tenney, Jack B. (Jack Breckinridge ), 1898-1970 1
- United States Penitentiary, Alcatraz Island, California 1
- United States. Marine Mammal Commission 1
- United States. Congress . House. Committee on Public Works and Transportation 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on merchant Marine and Fisheries 1
- University of California (System) 1 ∧ less