Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview This collection includes materials related to the creation of California State College (later University), Dominguez Hills. Reports, correspondence, legislative bills, studies, maps, photographs, and news clippings document the state of California’s decision to build a college in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, the search for a site, and the development of facility and academic master plans. There are also papers, correspondence, and news clippings related to the college gathered by...
Found in: University Archives
Overview This collection contains materials related to Charles “Carl” H. Eilers (1875-1948) and his family. The Eilers owned and farmed Rancho San Pedro Lands between Dominguez, Alameda, Del Amo, and Santa Fe streets in what was to become Carson, CA from 1889 to 1958. Included in the collection are deeds and title papers, tax reports, receipts, statements, court papers and legal documents, ledgers, correspondence, photographs, newspaper articles, and books. Bulk of material in English, with some...
Dates: 1872-2009; Majority of material found within Bulk 1889-1958
Overview Robert C. Gillingham was a historian who focused on the South Bay, specifically the Rancho San Pedro, the Dominguez family, and Compton. This collection consists of correspondence, drafts, and manuscript copies related to his work on The Rancho San Pedro and Yesterdays of Compton.
Overview This collection includes correspondence, brochures, newsclippings, papers, and copies of historical documents related to the Rancho San Pedro. Subjects include the Dominguez Adobe and Claretian Seminary, families descended from the Dominguez sisters, companies owned by these descendants, and the history of the Rancho San Pedro.
Overview This collection contains of over 400 black-and-white negatives and photographic prints of Terminal Island, Port of Los Angeles, San Pedro, Port Hueneme, and Catalina Island, taken between 1938 and 1947. Photographs include businesses, residences, airports, warehouses, coastlines, railroads, and neighborhoods. The collection has been digitized and most of the material is available online.
Dates: 1938-December 1947
Overview This collection includes correspondence, legal documents, tax documents, and bonds created by the Title Insurance and Trust Company. These materials are related to trusts held by members of the Dominguez family and land that was once part of the Rancho San Pedro.
- Subject: Rancho San Pedro (Calif.) X
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 5
- University Archives 1
- California State University, Dominguez Hills 2
- Dominguez Estate Company 2
- Gillingham, Robert C. (Robert Cameron), 1896- 2
- Allison, Alexander 1
- Amo, Gregorio del, 1858-1941 1
- Brown, Edmund G. (Edmund Gerald), 1905-1996 1
- Cain, Leo F. 1
- California State College at Palos Verdes 1
- California State College, Dominguez Hills 1
- California State University 1
- California State University and Colleges 1
- California State University and Colleges. Board of Trustees 1
- California State University. Board of Trustees 1
- California State University. Office of the Chancellor 1
- California. Governor (1959-1967 : Brown) 1
- Carson Estate Company 1
- Carson, John Victor 1
- Del Amo Estate Company 1
- Dominguez Rancho Adobe Museum 1
- Dominguez Water Company 1
- Dominguez Water Corporation 1
- Dumke, Glenn S. 1
- Eilers, Charles H. , 1875-1948 1
- Jones, A. Quincy (Archie Quincy ), 1913-1979 1
- Schrader, Martha 1
- Ticor Title Insurance Company of California 1
- de Francis, Maria de los Reyes Dominguez 1 ∧ less