Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview This collection contains the conference writings, speeches, symposium proceeding summary, meeting addresses, essays, reports, discussions, journal articles written by Leo Cain in the years preceding his appointment to Cal State Dominguez Hills, and includes citations about Cain.
Dates: 1948-2001; Majority of material found within 1948-1997
Overview This collection includes materials related to the creation of California State College (later University), Dominguez Hills. Reports, correspondence, legislative bills, studies, maps, photographs, and news clippings document the state of California’s decision to build a college in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, the search for a site, and the development of facility and academic master plans. There are also papers, correspondence, and news clippings related to the college gathered by...
Found in: University Archives
Overview This collection consists of photographs used by Dr. Judson Grenier of California State Dominguez Hills for educational and research purposes. Photographs of paintings, dioramas, landscapes, and people depict the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area from its foundation through the 1980s.
Overview This collection includes documents, letters, programs, publications, and other material related to the South Coast Botanic Gardens. Subjects include the history and operation of the South Coast Botanic Garden and its 50th-anniversary celebration.
Dates: July 23, 1961-2014
Overview The Dale Ann Sato Collection documents the progression of research and preparation for four projects to which oral historian and educator Dale Ann Sato contributed. Initial research and interviews were recorded for community Nisei oral histories, which led to her contribution to the California Civil Liberties Public Education Program (CCLPEP). The findings of the initial research also led to the Japanese American Historical Mapping Project (JAHMP), which paved the way for an Arcadia Publishing...
Overview The collection consists of color and black and white photographs, negatives, postcard-backed photos, and tin-types. Subjects of the photographs include people, businesses, churches, houses, schools, farming, transportation, and natural disasters. Communities covered in this collection include Compton, Torrance, Carson, Dominguez, Redondo Beach, Lynwood, Lakewood, San Pedro, Wilmington, Los Angeles, Terminal Island, and the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Material from the collection is available online...
Dates: circa 1880-1967
- Subject: Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.) X
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 5
- University Archives 1
- Cain, Leo F. 2
- California State University, Dominguez Hills 2
- AAMD publication 1
- Brown, Edmund G. (Edmund Gerald), 1905-1996 1
- Bustamante, Cruz M. , 1953- 1
- California State College at Palos Verdes 1
- California State College, Dominguez Hills 1
- California State University 1
- California State University and Colleges 1
- California State University and Colleges. Board of Trustees 1
- California State University. Board of Trustees 1
- California State University. Office of the Chancellor 1
- California Teachers Association 1
- California. Governor (1959-1967 : Brown) 1
- Chamber of Commerce 1
- Colorado State College (Greeley, Colo.) 1
- Consortium for International Cooperation in Higher Education 1
- Council for Exceptional Children 1
- Dumke, Glenn S. 1
- El Camino College 1
- Grenier, Judson 1
- Ishibashi, Akira 1
- Jones, A. Quincy (Archie Quincy ), 1913-1979 1
- Labani, Jafar 1
- Nakano, Kiyomi, 1910- 1
- SREB conference 1
- San Francisco State College 1
- Sato, Dale Ann 1
- South Coast Botanic Garden 1 ∧ less