Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview This collection includes materials related to the creation of California State College (later University), Dominguez Hills. Reports, correspondence, legislative bills, studies, maps, photographs, and news clippings document the state of California’s decision to build a college in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, the search for a site, and the development of facility and academic master plans. There are also papers, correspondence, and news clippings related to the college gathered by...
Found in: University Archives
Overview The collection includes of brochures, flyers, newsletters, directories, reports, papers, newspapers, and newsclippings related to the communities of Carson, Davidson City, Gardena, Hawthorne, Lakewood, Lawndale, Lomita, Long Beach, Lynwood, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, San Pedro, Terminal Island, Torrance, Wilmington, and Los Angeles. Subjects include historic preservation, municipal records, tourism, commerce, and transportation.
Overview The collection consists of color and black and white photographs, negatives, postcard-backed photos, and tin-types. Subjects of the photographs include people, businesses, churches, houses, schools, farming, transportation, and natural disasters. Communities covered in this collection include Compton, Torrance, Carson, Dominguez, Redondo Beach, Lynwood, Lakewood, San Pedro, Wilmington, Los Angeles, Terminal Island, and the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Material from the collection is available online...
Dates: circa 1880-1967
Overview This collection contains 31 black-and-white photographs, 6 clippings, 1 report card, 1 flyer belonging to Julius and Mildred Wien. The photographs in this collection are images that were taken in Compton, California in the aftermath of an earthquake that hit near Long Beach, California in 1933; and images of the Wien Dollar Store taken when it operated in Compton, Inglewood, and Lynwood, California. There is also a flyer advertising Wien Dollar Store's move from Compton to Inglewood; and a...
Dates: 1931; 1933; circa 1935-1944; 1952; 1977
- Subject: Lynwood (Calif.) X
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 3
- University Archives 1
- California State University, Dominguez Hills 3
- Brown, Edmund G. (Edmund Gerald), 1905-1996 1
- Cain, Leo F. 1
- California State College at Palos Verdes 1
- California State College, Dominguez Hills 1
- California State University 1
- California State University and Colleges 1
- California State University and Colleges. Board of Trustees 1
- California State University. Board of Trustees 1
- California State University. Office of the Chancellor 1
- California. Governor (1959-1967 : Brown) 1
- Dumke, Glenn S. 1
- Jones, A. Quincy (Archie Quincy ), 1913-1979 1
- Poulson, Norris, 1895-1982 1
- Wien, Julius 1
- Wien, Mildred 1 ∧ less