Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Overview The Warren Furutani Collection documents the breadth and duration of Warren Furutani’s four year service as a member of the California State Assembly for the 55th District. Furutani was elected to the California State Assembly on a special primary Election in 2007, replacing fellow Democrat Laura Richardson. He served the 55th District from February 7, 2008 until November 30, 2012. He was the last representative of the 55th district to represent the South Bay, Gardena, Carson, Lakewood, and...
Overview The collection consists of scrapbooks, documents, publications, photographs, videotapes, and other material related to the history and activities of the Gardena, California, Chamber of Commerce from 1950 to 2004.
Overview This collection contains issues of the "Gardena Valley News" from 2009-2013.
Dates: August 14, 2009-October 17, 2013
Scope and Contents The Donald Greaton Gardena High School Collection consists of various school related materials beginning from its establishment in 1907 until 2009. The collection includes Gardena High School Yearbooks from their first year in 1907 until 1955.Versions of the yearbooks are in original and photocopied form. Box 3 (1907-1939) contains the only original copies of the yearbooks, boxes 4 – 9 (1907-1955) are of the scanned copies of the yearbooks. Box 10 includes various school related publications...
Dates: 1907-2004; undated
Overview This collections contains mainly black-and-white as well as some colored photographs and an article from the Gardena Valley News. Together they document the local news, history, and activities in the city of Gardena from circa 1980-1999.
Dates: circa 1980-1999, undated
Overview The Dale Ann Sato Collection documents the progression of research and preparation for four projects to which oral historian and educator Dale Ann Sato contributed. Initial research and interviews were recorded for community Nisei oral histories, which led to her contribution to the California Civil Liberties Public Education Program (CCLPEP). The findings of the initial research also led to the Japanese American Historical Mapping Project (JAHMP), which paved the way for an Arcadia Publishing...
Overview The collection includes of brochures, flyers, newsletters, directories, reports, papers, newspapers, and newsclippings related to the communities of Carson, Davidson City, Gardena, Hawthorne, Lakewood, Lawndale, Lomita, Long Beach, Lynwood, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, San Pedro, Terminal Island, Torrance, Wilmington, and Los Angeles. Subjects include historic preservation, municipal records, tourism, commerce, and transportation.
Overview This contains four advertisements for real estate opportunities in the South Bay area of Los Angeles, California. Areas include: Lakewood, Gardena Valley, El Segundo, and Hollywood Riviera (Torrance).
Overview This collection contains photographs taken of students and teachers engaged in classwork and other activities at the Spanish American Institute. Other photographs include images of various locations on campus such as the farm; church; classrooms; and dormitories; as well as images of campus sporting events and celebrations.
Dates: 1920-1964, 1989; undated
Overview The collection documents exhibitions held at the Art Gallery at California State University, Dominguez Hills, including exhibit Announcements and publications. The collection also includes the exhibition material from the California impressionists’ “Painted Light” in 1999.
Dates: 1928-2008; Majority of material found within 1998-1999
Found in: University Archives
- Subject: Gardena (Calif.) X
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 10
- University Archives 1
- Bischoff, Franz 1
- Botke, Jessie Arms, 1883-1971 1
- Bradley, Tom, 1917-1998 1
- Braun, Maurice, 1877-1941 1
- Brown, Benjamin Chambers, 1865-1942 1
- Bush, George, 1924-2018 1
- California State University, Dominguez Hills 1
- California State University, Dominguez Hills. University Art Gallery 1
- California. Legislature. Assembly 1
- California. Legislature 1
- California. Legislature. Senate 1
- Clark, Alson Skinner, 1876-1949 1
- Curtis, Leland 1
- Dixon, Maynard, 1875-1946 1
- Forsythe, Vic, 1885-1962 1
- Frost, John, 1890-1937 1
- Furutani, Warren, 1947- 1
- Gardena High School 1
- Gardena Valley Chamber of Commerce 1
- Gardena Valley News 1
- Gleason, J. Duncan (Joe Duncan), 1881-1959 1
- Hahn, Kenneth 1
- Hansen, Armin C. (Armin-Carl), 1886-1957 1
- Harris, Sam Hyde, 1889-1977 1
- Hinkle, Clarence Kaiser 1
- Ishibashi, Akira 1
- Johnson, Frank Tenney, 1874-1939 1
- Kosa, Emil, 1903-1968 1
- Los Angeles Unified School District 1
- Meese, Edwin 1
- Nakano, Kiyomi, 1910- 1
- Nielsen, Peter 1
- Osborne, James 1
- Payne, Edgar A. (Edgar Alwin), 1882-1947 1
- Poulson, Norris, 1895-1982 1
- Puthuff, Hanson Duvall 1
- Rich, John Hubbard 1
- Rungius, Carl, 1869-1959 1
- Sato, Dale Ann 1
- Schofield, Walter Elmer, 1867-1944 1
- Scott, Clyde Eugene 1
- Smith, Jack Wilkinson 1
- Spanish American Institute (Gardena, Calif.) 1
- Stern, Jean 1
- Swinnerton, James Guifford 1
- Wachtel, Marion Kavanagh, 1876-1954 1
- Weinberger, Caspar W. 1
- Wendt, William, 1865-1946 1
- White, Orrin A. 1
- Whitely, John H. 1
- Wilson, Pete, 1933- 1
- Zimmerer, Kathy 1 ∧ less