Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview This collection contains one box of documents belonging to Tsugitada Kanamori. Materials in this collection mostly pertain to Kanamori’s efforts regarding cancelling his renunciation and reinstating his American citizenship.
Overview This collection documents the Kuwahara family's time at the Poston incarceration camp in Arizona during World War II. Materials include: newsletters from the schools and community in Poston's camp, photographs of the people incarcerated at the camp and the desert landscape, watercolor paintings of the camp facilities, and programs and booklets from the reunions of the Poston camp families. Some of the items in this collection have been digitized and available online.
Overview This collection contains photo albums and scrapbooks compiled by George Naohara and Mitzi (Masukawa) Naohara as well as other materials depicting their experiences during World War II and the Korean War. There are also materials regarding the Gardena Buddhist Church activities in which George Naohara engaged after the war. Most of the items in this collection have been digitized and available online.
Dates: 1902-2000; undated; Majority of material found within 1942-1945; Majority of material found within 1950-1959
Identifier: SPC -2019-030
Overview The collection comprises of Tule Lake newsletters and bulletins, materials issued by the Pro-Japanese group, Sokoku Hoshidan (or Hoshi Dan), WRA publications, and incarceration documents that mostly belonged to Kiyoshi and Mitsuye Uyekawa. There are also his manuscripts of original fictional works, copies of fictional works by Japanese authors, and correspondence, bulletins, and manuscripts by the haiku society members. Most of the items in this collection have been digitized and are available...
Dates: 1942-1980 ; Majority of material found within 1942-1946
Overview This collection contains materials regarding Tomoji Wada’s business on Terminal Island, California, immigration materials, and incarceration camp records pertaining to Tomoji Wada and his family. Included are taxes, receipts of expenses, and ledgers, receipts for his donations to Japanese American organizations, photographs, journals, notebooks, books, a metal seal stamp for Terminal Island Credit Union, immigration documents of Tomoji and Kan Wada, WRA documents, and wood carving tools and...
Dates: 1903-2016; undated
Overview The Kiyoko Maeda Yoshioka photographs collection (1916-1990, bulk 1937-1941) includes digital reproductions of family photographs primarily documenting the life of Kiyoko Maeda Yoshioka in the years before, during, and after World War II. The collection also includes digital reproductions of a short essay written by Hatsuko Mary Yoshioka Higuchi, redress papers, and a handout from a sewing class at Poston Incarceration Camp. All materials in this collection are digital reproductions.
Dates: 1916-1990; Majority of material found within 1937-1941
- Names: Poston Incarceration Camp X
- Japanese Americans -- California 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- United States 3
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 2
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1944-1945 -- Archives 2
- Japanese Americans -- History -- 20th century 2
- Terminal Island (Calif.) 2
- Concentration Camps -- United States 1
- Haiku 1
- Japan -- History -- 20th century 1
- Japanese American families 1
- Japanese American farmers -- California 1
- Japanese Americans 1
- Japanese Americans -- California, Southern 1
- Japanese Americans -- Pacific States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Japanese Americans -- Reparations 1
- Lawndale (Calif.) 1
- Manuscripts, Japanese 1
- Manzanar War Relocation Center 1
- Newell (Calif.) 1
- Poston (Ariz.) 1
- Torrance (Calif.) 1
- Tule Lake Relocation Center (Calif.)--1940-1950 1
- Tulelake (Calif.) 1
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- History 1
- Women cannery workers 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- California 1
- Yokohama-shi (Japan) 1 ∧ less