Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection contains nine photographs, one flyer, and one magazine related to the detetion of a group of Indonesian seamen in 1947. The images depict about 200-300 men at an immigration detetion center in downtown San Francisco, at the Southern Pacific depot in San Francisco, and on a ship called the "Marine Lync" in San Francisco Bay. The photographs in this collection have been digitized and are available online.
Records of Roy Pearson, labor representative for the Industrial Union of Marine and Shipbuilding Workers of America, or IUMSWA, from the War Manpower Commission, and other miscellaneous organizations. Included in the collection are meeting agendas, meeting minutes, memorandums, correspondence, letters, press releases, employment statistics, pamphlets, postcards, reports, and handbooks.
- Names: Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) X
- Crystal City (Tex.) 1
- Crystal City Internment Camp (Crystal City, Tex.) 1
- Deportation -- United States 1
- Labor unions -- United States 1
- San Francisco (Calif.) 1
- California. Department of Industrial Relations 1
- Gallagher, Leo 1
- Hartley, Fred Allan, 1902-1969 1
- Industrial Union of Marine and Shipbuilding Workers of America 1
- Sawyer, Harold 1