Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The collection is comprised of sheet music, choral scores, full and partial scores, manuscript music, music books, and compilations. The music falls primarily into the sacred music genre, including gospels, spirituals, and classical pieces; but also includes a significant amount of secular music, ranging from jazz to popular music to Broadway musicals and operas.
Dates: Copyright: 1811-2010
Overview Dr. Hansonia Caldwell is professor emeritus of music at California State University Dominguez Hills, with academic specialties in music, African-American music history, piano, choral conducting and humanities. She was a faculty member at CSUDH for more than 40 years and founded the CSUDH Jubilee Choir and the African Diaspora Sacred Music and Musicians program.
Found in: University Archives
Overview Materials created and collected by and about Jester Hairston, and administrative materials related to Hairston's centennial celebration. Materials include manuscripts, music and lyrics, articles, and administrative files.
- Names: Caldwell, Hansonia L. (Hansonia LaVerne), 1944- X
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Gerth Archives and Special Collections 2
- University Archives 1
- African Americans -- California -- Los Angeles 2
- African American actors 1
- African American musicians 1
- African Americans -- California 1
- California State University, Dominguez Hills -- History 1