Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Albert John Joseph McNeil is an American choral conductor, ethnomusicologist, author, and founder of the Albert McNeil Jubilee Singers. His career has been dedicated to upholding choral music traditions with the presentation of Negro spirituals and concert music by African American composers. He is Professor Emeritus of Music at the University of California, Davis, where he was director of choral activities for 22 years and headed the Music Education Program.
The Virginia L. White collection (1957-2016) contains primarily tour materials consisting of photographs, posters, programs, ephemera, scrapbooks, and costumes that once belonged to former, long-time Albert McNeil Jubilee Singers (AMJS) members Virginia L. White and Jacquelyn F. Sebastian.
- Names: Albert McNeil Jubilee Singers X
- African American choral conductors 1
- African Americans -- California 1
- Hymns 1
- Music -- Instruction and study 1
- Congregational Church of Christian Fellowship (Los Angeles, Calif.) 1
- Founder's Church of Religious Science (Los Angeles, Calif.) 1
- Los Angeles Unified School District 1
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir 1
- National Association of Negro Musicians (U.S.) 1