Santa Anita Assembly Center (Calif.)
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Hiroji Hosaka Family Letters is comprised of 30 letters and postcards, a copy of Hiroji Hosaka's FBI case file, photographs, and business cards. The letters are correspondence between him and his family members and friends mainly while he was imprisoned in the Santa Fe Internment Camp and the Heart Mountain incarceration camp during World War II. The family letters describe the pressing situations that the family faced such as closing his hotel business and selling their properties in a...
Dates: 1937 October-1962 October 29; Majority of material found within 1942-1945
Abstract The Atsushi Art Ishida Collection is comprised of about 900 photographs (prints, negatives, and digital reproductions) and other materials chronicling his time immediately after/during his incarceration in the Santa Anita Assembly Center in California, the Jerome incarceration camp in Arkansas, the Tule Lake Segregation Center in California, and the Minidoka incarceration camp in Idaho, and also depicting his time in pre-war Japan and during the Korean War. Most of the items in this...
Dates: circa 1930-1959; 1995
Abstract The collection is comprised of seven volumes of the author's accounts from the time of the Attack on Pearl Harbor, during the mass removal and incarceration, and after being released from the Gila River camp. The collection documents his observation and thoughts on a variety issues during the war and the postwar time. Also included are some issues from the Gila River Co-op newsletters, which contain his essays, and Japanese translations of two English announcements presumably made by Captain...
Dates: 1941 December 7-1946 March 19
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 2
- Immigrants -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Japan -- Emigration and immigration -- History 1
- Japanese -- California, Southern -- History 1
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1944-1945 -- Archives 1
- Japanese Americans -- History -- 20th century 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- History 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Forced removal of civilians -- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, Japanese 1 ∧ less